Geriatric Award Nominations
(Deadline: January 5)
Candidates Will Be Judged on:
- history of lifetime contributions to research and other scholarly contributions to the field of mental health and aging;
- quality of contributions (i.e., significance to the understanding and the care of the aged and their families);
- originality (i.e., new paradigms, pioneering new areas of research, innovative approaches);
- quantity of work of quality; and
- impact on the field and other practitioners.
Method of Nomination:
Nominations Should Include
- One letter of nomination, two pages maximum
- At least one additional letter of recommendation, two pages maximum
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae
- A statement from the nominee, describing his or her accomplishments in the field of geropsychiatric research, five pages maximum.
Mail original to:
Chair, Committee on the Award for Research in Geriatric Psychiatry
The American College of Psychiatrists
122 S. Michigan Ave., Suite 1360
Chicago, IL 60603
No faxes please.
Past Geriatric Award Winners
2004: Dan G. Blazer, M.D., MPH, Ph.D., FACPsych
2005: Dilip V. Jeste, M.D.
2006: George S. Alexopoulos, M.D., FACPsych
2007: Charles F. Reynolds III, M.D., FACPsych
2008: Gary W. Small, M.D.
2009: Robert G. Robinson, M.D.
2010: K. Ranga R. Krishnan, M.D. FACPsych
2011: Bruce G. Pollock, M.D., Ph.D.
2012: Peter V. Rabins, M.D., M.P.H.
2013: Anand Kumar, M.D.