Geriatric Award Nominations
(Deadline: January 5)
Candidates Will Be Judged on:
- history of lifetime contributions to research andother scholarly contributionsto the field of mental health and aging;
- quality of contributions (i.e., significance to the understanding and the care of the aged and their families);
- originality (i.e., new paradigms, pioneering new areas of research, innovative approaches);
- quantity of work of quality; and
- impact on the field and other practitioners.
Method of Nomination:
Nominations Should Include
- One letter of nomination, two pages maximum
- At least one additional letter of recommendation, two pages maximum
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae
- A statement from the nominee, describing his or her accomplishments in the field of geropsychiatric research, five pages maximum.
Mail original to:
Chair, Committee on the Award for Research in Geriatric Psychiatry
The American College of Psychiatrists
233 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 2318
Chicago, IL 60601
You may also e-mail an electronic copy to Nathan@ACPsych.org
Past Geriatric Award Winners
2004: Dan G. Blazer, M.D., MPH, Ph.D., FACPsych
2005: Dilip V. Jeste, M.D.
2006: George S. Alexopoulos, M.D., FACPsych
2007: Charles F. Reynolds III, M.D., FACPsych
2008: Gary W. Small, M.D.
2009: Robert G. Robinson, M.D.
2010: K. Ranga R. Krishnan, M.D. FACPsych
2011: Bruce G. Pollock, M.D., Ph.D.
2012: Peter V. Rabins, M.D., M.P.H.
2013: Anand Kumar, M.D.
2014: David C. Steffens, M.D., M.H.S.
2015: Kristine Yaffe, M.D.
2016: Yeates Conwell, M.D.