Becoming a Member
Potential Members must be recommended by a sponsor—a current Fellow of The College— who nominates the candidate and submits the following documentation:
- Letter of recommendation written by the sponsor
- Letters of recommendation from three other Members of The College, at least one of whom is a Fellow (Please contact The College if you need a Membership Directory to help you identify potential sponsors)*The Committee is open to receiving these references in formats other than traditional letters, such as a two or three minute video or a YouTube link.
Guidelines for recommendation letters
- Completed Membership Sponsorship Form (to be filled out by main sponsor)
- Completed Membership Application (to be filled out by candidate)
- All documentation should be collected by the main sponsor. The main sponsor should then forward the completed package to The College.
The deadline for submitting Membership materials is June 1.
Membership criteria for: Administrator, Clinician, Researcher, Teacher
*Potential new Members do not need to demonstrate proficiency in all categories.
June 1: Membership Application deadline
Mid-October: Membership Applications reviewed and approved by the Board and Membership Committee
Early November: Applicants receive notification
Next Annual Meeting: Members who were approved in October should attend the next Annual Meeting
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact The College at 312.938.8840.